Bachelor of Arts in English (BA in English)
BA in English is a three-year degree program which has been designed to provide the relevant knowledge and skills in the field of English Language & Literature while paving the way for more rigorous post-graduate studies in English/English literature and linguistics at local and international universities. This program aims to provide career opportunities in teaching/lecturing/journalism/publishing, mass media etc.
Why follow a
BA in English at Saegis?
- Approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Cultural Affairs
- Most Qualified and Experienced lecture panel
- Professional project guidance provided throughout Industry Expert/ Academics
- Convenient location with campus environment.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities
- Easy payment scheme
- Teaching/Lecturing (both in Sri Lanka and abroad)
- Speech Therapy
- Events Coordination
- Civil Service
Three (03) simple passes (S) in Local A/L in one and the same sitting with English as a subject
Three (03) simple passes (S) in Local A/L in one and the same sitting with a Credit Pass in English Language at the GCE (O’ Level) and a Pass in General English at the GCE (A’ Level)
Three (03) simple passes (S) in Local A/L in one and same the sitting with a Pass at the Special Entry Test held by the institution.
Review of Grammar
Reading Comprehension I
Writing Practice I
Introduction to English Literature
Information Technology for English
Reading Comprehension – II
Writing Practice II
Introduction to Linguistics
British Literature – I
Soft Skills Development