Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT)
Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT) degree which is one of the finest yet cost effective IT programmes in Sri Lanka approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Cultural Affairs. The programme enhances students’ technical skills in Computing, Programming and Designing whilst also developing the skill set that a student needs to become and adaptable computing professional.
A clear emphasis on employability, and our close links with the industry means that the student will develop the necessary technical skills. The students will also cultivate vital professional skills along with the robust understanding of the legal and ethical context within which all computing professionals will operate. The duration of the degree is three academic years and recognized certificates are awarded by Saegis Campus on successful completion of the degree programme.
Why follow a
BIT at Saegis?
- Approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and Cultural Affairs
- Most Qualified and Experienced lecture panel
- Professional Project guidance provided throughout
- Industry Experts / Academics
- Convenient location with campus environment.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities
- Nationally recognized ICT Qualifications
- Easy payment scheme
- Software Engineering
- Programming and Software Development
- IT Support and Consultancy
- Internet and E-commerce application design and development
- Three simple passes (S) in Commerce Stream in one and the same sitting at the GCE (Advanced Level) Examination conducted by the Department of Examination of Sri Lanka or equivalent qualification.
- Three simple passes (S) in any subject stream in one and the same sitting at the GCE (Advanced Level) Examination conducted by the Department of Examinations of Sri Lanka with the bridging course approved by the Specified Authority
- Fundamentals of Information Technology
- Mathematics for Computing
- Descriptive Statistics and Probability
- Office Automation and Productivity Tools
- Operating Systems
- Programming Fundamentals using Java
- Communication Skills
- Fundamentals of Database Management
- Business Management
- Introduction to System Development
- Web Technologies
- Multimedia Technologies
- Soft Skills & Entrepreneurship Skills